Dorsett Regency Hotel, Shepherds Bush, London
Built in 1923 the Shepherds Bush Pavilion was badly damaged by a flying bomb in 1944, restored in 1955 and subsequently converted into a Bingo hall in 1983 until planning permission was granted in 2009 to convert it into a hotel. The refurbished building will be known as the "Dorsett Regency at the Shepherds Bush Pavilion" and is due to open in 2014.
Description of Risk: Accidental fire or arson in a grade II listed historical building.
USPs for Hydramist:
- Fast and effective control and suppression of fire
- Quick return to operation after a fire
- Minimal post fire damage and clean up
- Easily retro fitted using small bore stainless steel pipe
- Superior service life as stainless steel was used throughout the installation
- Rapid project completion time & minimum footprint for equipment
- Safe for people and the environment
A high pressure Hydramist fire protection system was chosen to protect the Dorsett Regency Hotel in Shepherds Bush, London. One of the main reasons Hydramist was preferred was its ability to quickly and effectively suppress and control a fire for this application as demonstrated by our successful testing to CEN TS14972:2011 OH1 third party witness tested by Lloyds register.
The Hydramist system is designed and installed to protect all areas within the hotel including public spaces, bedrooms, corridors and 'back of house' zones.